Saturday, April 16, 2011

Group Leadership Project Final Product

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLP0tMNRbBU

The tool our group used to deliver the PD tutorial actually consisted of several tools. Jenni used Jing for the screen cast of our Edmodo tutorial. Jing only allows a maximum of five minutes per recording session. So she ended up screen casting 6 videos, 1 to 2 minutes in length. She then used YouSendIt to send the videos to Kevin. He took the videos and recorded them in QuikTime. The reason the videos were recorded in QuikTime is because with the free version of Jing you are stuck with shockwave files which are difficult to convert. So Kevin then then imported it into iMovie. In iMovie he was able to edit the tutorial, create a title, sequence it, and add headers. Next our Edmodo tutorial was uploaded to YouTube.


During the development process of the final product I learned some helpful tips through the experiences of group members. For example, Camtasia or SnapProX, would be a better tool to use for creating the tutorial rather than using Jing. I also learned that YouSendIt is a free and excellent way to send movies.

If I had to develop a similar product again for a group project, I would do a couple of things differently. First of all, I would steer clear of Jing, due to the shockwave files. Next, I would arrange a face-to-face work session in addition to the web-conferencing and communicating through e-mail and the phone. While I was participating and involved in our group project, it felt like I was on the sidelines and not hands-on enough with the final stage. I think a face-to-face work session at the end stage of the project would be helpful. However, this activity was a worthwhile learning experience. I enjoyed working with my group members and am very pleased with our final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment