Saturday, March 5, 2011

CEP 811 Final Reflections

When integrating technology in the classroom there are some things that I have learned about effective teaching strategies. It is important that you incorporate a blend of technology, pedagogy, and content when planning a lesson. Using a backward design of indentifying desired results, determining acceptable evidence, and then planning  learning experiences and instruction, is a quality approach when integrating technology.

Integrating web-based technologies helped me to think about and evaluate the uses of technology. I found it useful to create a lesson plan and then the evaluate it by applying the three UDL principles: representation, expression, and engagement. It reminded me to keep in mind the purpose of what I am trying to teach in a lesson and how to reach my learners. Also, I found the TPaCK group activity helpful. It was worthwhile to spend time evaluating lessons, examining them from a technological, pedagogical, and content view, with my peers.

I have met my own personal goals for learning about technology integration, and I found this course very worthwhile. I have already been using the StAIR that I created, "Amazing Adverbs", on the SMART Board in my sixth grade classroom. The webpage that I created has current information on it and  it could be used tomorrow if I choose to direct parents and students to it. I have stumbled upon many useful resources such as a 'cartoon maker' that I can use with my students, through doing activities for CEP 811.

My current goal is to continue expanding my knowledge through taking CEP 812. My long-term goal is to apply my course credits earned to a masters program, and to continue learning strategies to effectively teach when integrating technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment